General terms and conditions Koninklijke Jumbo B.V.
The use of this website(s) (hereinafter the “Websites”) is made possible by Koninklijke Jumbo B.V. (hereinafter: “Jumbo”), located at Westzijde 184, 1506 EK Zaandam, the Netherlands, and is subject to the General Terms and Conditions set out below.
By using the Websites, you accept these Terms and Conditions on the date of your first use of the Websites. Jumbo reserves the right to change these General Terms and Conditions at any time and will publish these changes online.
- Use and measures
You agree that you will only use the Websites for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict the use and enjoyment of the Websites by any other person or party. If Jumbo believes that you are committing unauthorized acts, Jumbo can take appropriate measures. These measures may consist of blocking the profiles or IP addresses created.
The following are considered to be illegal acts, among others: making abusive, discriminatory or threatening statements in reviews or on forums or via the Service Form or otherwise on the Websites;
behave in any way that causes a disruption or malfunction of the proper functioning of the Websites;
sing access to Jumbo’s administration or information collected therefrom, to use it to send unsolicited email (spam); and/or (d) otherwise acting in conflict with the said provisions in these General Terms and Conditions.
- Registration and Privacy
You must register to create a wish list, participate in the forum or a contest, leave a review or receive a newsletter. Registration takes place by means of a user name of your choice and a valid e-mail address. To register, you must be at least 16 years old or have permission from your parents and/or caregiver.
By creating an account on any of Jumbo’s Websites, you agree that Jumbo may access your account information to investigate complaints and/or other allegations of abuse.
It is your sole and exclusive responsibility to ensure that your account password is kept secret. For security and other reasons, Jumbo may require you to change your login details. It is not permitted to transfer or alienate the Account, or the relationship with Jumbo, other than with Jumbo’s prior written consent. Jumbo may assume that all communications made from your Account are from you.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of these Websites, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, will be treated as non-confidential and/or non-proprietary information.
Jumbo reserves the right at all times without giving any reason to disqualify a User or IP address and/or close the account if, in Jumbo’s opinion, there is a violation of one or more points of these General Terms and Conditions or the rules of use that apply to the websites can be found. All Jumbo decisions are final and binding. If a User’s account is blocked or deleted, the User may not re-register until written permission has been granted by Jumbo.
- Intellectual property
The Websites, web documents, illustrations, images, logos, sound clips and programs, including software, are the property of Jumbo and are protected by copyright and trademark law. Any unauthorized use or distribution, by disclosure of confidential information, duplication or copying and use, in whole or in part, of these Websites etc. is prohibited.
There are at least the following restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of any or displayed items is strictly prohibited without prior permission from Jumbo. Nothing herein should be construed as granting any license by Jumbo to use the items displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use provided that the copyright and source references are also copied, no changes are made and the document is copied in its entirety. All rights in these documents are reserved and permission to copy must be obtained from the rights owner.
The Websites and the information, names, images, photographs and logos relating to or relating to Jumbo products or licenses are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In no event will Jumbo be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising out of the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the Websites.
Although Jumbo manages its Websites with great care, it cannot guarantee that all services, functions, information, and other material that it provides to you on its Websites are correct, complete and current, that defects will be corrected or that the Websites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses and/or bugs. The information visible to you on the Websites may also be out of date for technical reasons (caching or otherwise). It therefore accepts no liability for this. Jumbo is also not liable for:
- damage that a User may suffer as a result of access to the account by an unauthorized person;
- internet connection problems;
- failed, incomplete, twisted or delayed computer transmissions;
- possible printing or typing errors, whether online or offline, in material relating to the Websites;
- possible damage incurred in connection with or as a result of the information and/or services of the Websites.
Jumbo is not obliged to continue to offer the Websites offered in the future and it has the right at any time and in its sole discretion to temporarily disable or remove a Website if a computer virus, bug, hacker attack or other cause disrupts the administration or disrupts the security of the Website. In addition, Jumbo is free in the range of information and services it chooses on its Websites.
Jumbo takes no responsibility for the content of external websites that are in any way connected to the Jumbo Websites.
Jumbo is indemnified against all liabilities, damages and costs that may arise from the non-compliance with these General Terms and Conditions by a User or via a computer that you use to access the Website(s).
- Contests and promotions
By participating in a Jumbo contest or promotional campaign, the participant agrees to the Competition Terms and Conditions below. In addition, specific conditions are declared applicable for each contest and/or other promotional campaigns.
- Participants up to the age of 16 declare that they have obtained permission from (a) parent(s) to participate in the competition;
- Excluded from participation are employees and family members of Jumbo (including subsidiaries) and resident partners of the aforementioned employees. As well as any participants/suppliers with regard to the relevant contest (including advertising agencies, advertisers, sponsors or producers);
- The participant is obliged to provide correct, current and complete information when participating in the game. Jumbo may request a winner to provide proof of their identity and valid registration at the home or residence address provided by the participant before the prize is awarded;
- The prize is personal and in the name of the winner. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or for other products or services. In the event of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize or the conditions attached to the competition, the prize will not be awarded. In that case Jumbo is entitled to choose another winner.
- The prize will be awarded as is. The Provider is not responsible for any visible or hidden defects in the prize, nor for any damage upon delivery (shipping) of the prize;
- The delivery of the prize is handled by Jumbo, advertiser/sponsor or another third party appointed for that purpose. In the latter case, Jumbo is not responsible for the delivery of the prize. In that case, the date of delivery of the prize will be determined in consultation with the supplier of the prize.
- JJumbo is not responsible for any defects in postal or shipping companies (e.g. delay, strike, damage or loss) in the delivery of the prize. In the event that the winner, a co-resident/present or local resident cannot receive a registered prize upon delivery, the winner will collect the prize at a later date (for example, at the post office or postal agency, etc.). Jumbo cannot be held liable if the Prize is not collected by the winner or received by an unauthorized person, even if no notification or notice of any kind has been left by the postal or shipping company.
- If the prize consists of tickets for concerts, festivals, films, sports competitions or similar or other events and/or holiday travel/airline tickets, no compensation can be claimed in the event of cancellation.
- If the prize consists of a trip or stay abroad for which a passport is required, the participant must be in possession of a valid passport for the prize to be awarded, failing which a prize will not be awarded to a participant.
- The winner can claim the award up to two weeks after announcement. After this period, the claim to the prize automatically expires.
- The winner of the prize gives Jumbo permission to use the personal data provided, any photos or any contributions made by the participants for the benefit of the competition free of charge in promotional activities in connection with the competition as well as in the context of the announcement of the winner via all media, including radio, television, internet and social media platforms.
- The winner(s) of the prize will, at the request of Jumbo, cooperate with Jumbo’s promotional activities insofar as this may reasonably be required of them, including publicity with regard to the award ceremony via all media such as radio, television, internet and social media platforms. No financial compensation will be paid for the cooperation provided in promotional activities. The winner(s) of the prize will, at the request of Jumbo, cooperate with Jumbo’s promotional activities insofar as this may reasonably be required of them, including publicity with regard to the award ceremony via all media such as radio, television, internet and social media platforms. No financial compensation will be paid for the cooperation provided in promotional activities.
- Insofar as required, Jumbo will arrange for the withholding and declaration of gambling tax, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Terms and Conditions for contests.
- The personal data can be used to implement the competition and the awarding of the prize. In that context, Jumbo is entitled to provide the personal data to third parties that are involved in the relevant competition (including suppliers, advertisers, sponsors and/or producers). In addition, the participant grants permission to keep him/her informed about Jumbo products and/or services.
- Use of the prize made available is at the expense and risk of the winner. Jumbo cannot be held responsible for the use of the prize by the winner.
- Jumbo is in no way liable for any damage resulting from the participation in the competition, nor for any technical malfunctions, defects or delays with regard to the participation in the competition or the designation of the winner.
- Jumbo is in no way liable for possible problems or defects arising from the use of the Websites and/or the downloading of any components whatsoever with regard to the competition.
- Jumbo is entitled to disqualify participants if it is of the opinion that the participants do not act in accordance with the General and/or Specific Terms and Conditions or if the participants otherwise fraudulently gain access to the competition or unfairly influence the course of the competition.
- Jumbo is entitled, at its own discretion and without prior notice, to change or adjust these General and Specific Terms and Conditions of the competitions during the term of the competition, or to discontinue, change or adjust the competition on account of its own discretion and without giving any reason. reasons, without Jumbo being obliged in any way to compensate damage to the participant. Changes or adaptations of the game will be announced publicly by Jumbo in an appropriate manner (for example via its Websites).
- Insofar as the General Terms and Conditions for contests deviate from what is stipulated in the Specific Terms and Conditions for contests, the provisions of the Specific Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Jumbo’s contests and other promotional campaigns comply with the Gambling Act and the conditions of the Promotional Gaming Code.
- Promotional promotions on Facebook and Instagram are in no way sponsored, administered by, or associated with Facebook and Instagram itself. The recipient of the information provided is not Facebook, but Jumbo. The information provided will only be used by Jumbo and will not be shared with third parties.
- Any questions, complaints or comments about the contest can be sent via the Service form op eu/contact. Always state the name of the contest.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is void or voidable, this shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the void or voidable provision will be amended or replaced in line with these Terms and Conditions if necessary. Conditions.
These General Terms and Conditions are subject to Dutch law. All disputes arising in connection with these General Terms and Conditions or further agreements arising therefrom will be submitted exclusively to the competent Dutch court.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, use of this Website must be terminated immediately.